Updated: Aug 19, 2020
Setting affirmations for yourself on a daily basis helps raise your conciousness to start living your true divine purpose. I have set 10 different ways to start your journey of love below:
1. Stick post it notes around your house so whenevr you read them you are creating and setting space for these affirmations to hold in your mind and body.
I am loved by all.
I live in abundance.
My body and mind are vessals for enlightenment.
I can acheive anything I put my mind to.
2. Write a sentence of love about yourself everyday in a journal for 21 days. If you miss a day you must start again! It is important to do this for the full twenty-one days because that is how long it takes to re-condition your mental body.
E.g: I am deserving of love on all levels.
3. Make contact with at least one person a day and give them a compliment. This will not only make them feel good about themselves you will also feel wonderful that you have helped raise someone elses confidence with love.
4. Offer your services to another in need. Help balance out the energies of our universe by offering them a service. Offer to mow your elderly neighbours lawn. Cook a meal for a loved one. Bake a cake for a neighbour. Send a gift to a friend. These are all ways of showing love and gratitude to another.
5. Make a jar of positive offerings. Write out sentences that will give the person reading it a feeling of being loved. When you're in need of a mood boost, just pluck one of the sentences out of the jar and read it aloud. This will create the energy of universal movement around your space.
6. Do 10 star jumps to get your blood pumping and energy moving. Excercise helps boost your mood and reshifts your consiousness out of stagnent thoughts.
7. Give someone a hug. Multiple studies have concluded that touch, especially hugging, provides numerous health benefits. If you’re looking for a great way to boost your immune system, reduce your stress, improve your sleep and even help cure depression, you need to consider hugging. Hugs have no side effects and require no prescription. Even better, they’re free and can be given and received anywhere, at any time.
8. Most of us have one or two preferred love languages – often different than our significant other's. If you express your love through your preferred love language, the chances are that it goes unnoticed by your partner. Learning to speak your partner’s preferred language can drastically strengthen your relationship. You can do the free love languages test on the 5 love languages website. Love languages apply to non-romantic relationships as well, and the website includes tests for children and teens.
9. Quality time means giving someone your undivided attention—putting away your phone and distractions and truly being with that person, whether that is having a conversation or going out and doing something together.
10. Acts of service are simple acts that help to make the other person’s life easier or make things run smoother—offering to do the dishes or to do errands, for example. My dad shows love through acts of service and will often change the oil in my car or take it out and fill up the petrol tank.